Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crayon roll

As I was browsing around the blogging world looking for fun crafts to make, I found another great tutorial on UK Lass in US for a crayon roll.




I've wanted to make one of these for awhile (even though my daughter would rather eat the crayons than color with them), so when I found this tutorial and had the exact amount of flannel that I needed left over from my recent blanket-making escapade, I decided to try making one myself. Here's how it turned out:


This is such a cute project, and so easy! It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do, and I think it'd be faster if I tried making another one now that I have it down. The roll holds about 29 crayons (odd number?) which is plenty for a kid who needs some variety when coloring. The best part about the crayon roll is that it's portable (and personalized!), and there's no more loose crayons in the car/diaper bag/purse. All of them are displayed for you or your little one to choose whatever color you need, then easily stored for another day.

I love this project, too bad Haley doesn't get the whole coloring thing yet....the crayon roll will be waiting for her when she finally gets it down!

1 comment:

  1. Is it okay for adults to have these too? If I get the courage to try making one, I'm definately going to carry it on my Metro commute...

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails