Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's a snap!

Lately, I've discovered how great old clothes can be. You know what I'm talking about. That bag of clothes sitting on the floor in your closet that you've been meaning to give to Good Will for the last 3 months. Or maybe it's that one shirt hanging in your closet that you haven't worn for almost a year but you just KNOW you're going to wear it soon. Maybe next week. Or the week after.

Yeah, those old clothes.

I have a bag of those too. They're mostly odd t-shirts or sweaters that haven't seen the light of day in a looooong time. I dug into that bag a week ago and realized something. Even if I don't like a shirt, why not make it into something I DO like? Novel idea, huh?

Prudent Baby has a ton of great tutorials for kids and babies from clothes to toys and books. It's one of my new favorite blogs! I found a great tutorial for the "Snappy Toddler Top" and modified it some (they have a downloadable pattern on their site too, which really helped.)


I liked the idea of the collar and snaps, but the t-shirt I had to work with had this funky line sewn down the front and the back of the shirt (part of the reason why I didn't ever wear it.) I knew I wanted to cover it up somehow, while still making it cute, so I decided to add some ruffles! When you have little girls, ruffles are pretty much a must, right?

Here's a few pictures of how my shirt turned out. (Sorry if some of the pictures are kind of blurry, I caught my little model in the middle of play time :)



So dig out those old clothes and see what you can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails