Friday, February 11, 2011

A Fresh Beat Band Birthday - Invites


Whew! Say that 5 times fast!

Friends, it's time to go bananas. If you recognize that line, then I know you must have kids...or a lot of free time. As I've mentioned before, my daughter is obsessed with the Fresh Beat Band, so of course they will be the theme of her upcoming 2nd birthday. Unfortunately since the show is still so new (it's currently in its second season), there aren't any commercial party supplies being sold yet. I've found a couple different sites like this one with moms like me who have improvised their own Fresh Beat Band birthdays and their suggestions have been helpful, but ultimately I've come to realize that I'm on my own.

Over the next 3 weeks, I'm going to be doing my best to come up with ideas for the most stylin, hip hop and poppin' Fresh Beat Birthday. Brace yourselves. Will my (almost) 2-year-old remember this? No. Will I take lots of pictures of the theming to remind her of all the time and effort I put into creating a birthday centered around her favorite show? You bet.

First thing's first- birthday invitations! Like I said, there aren't any Fresh Beat Band birthday products out there (except a few odds and ends on eBay) so I had to get down and dirty with Photoshop. I found an image I liked online and then used Photoshop to clean everything up and add in some catch phrases from the show. I'm not a graphic designer, so it's still a little pixellated, but that's probably just my perfectionist side coming out.

Here's the front of the card (Image courtesy of Nick Jr.)...

 ...and this is the back.

Not too shabby huh? I'm pretty proud of my Photoshopping skills. I think I've graduated beyond "complete hopeless amateur" in the past year. And whatever I can't do, I just go to Picknik.com for the rest. If you haven't been there, stop right now and go. It's an amazing site for those of us who don't understand the complexities of Photoshop. Plus, they have fun stickers and frames you can add to your pictures. AND it's free for the basic version! I used Picnik for the pictures in this post to colorize and brighten them.

That's all for now, hopefully I'll get to some decorations tonight!

8 comments:

  1. I love your invitations! I wanted to know if I could use the front design for my daughter's 4th birtday party?

    Thanks,
    Mary Ann
    malabado13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my daughter is turning 4 and i wanted to use the front design for her birthday.... i was wondering where did u get it.
    thanks
    yeseniavhair@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I was wondering if I am able to use your invitation for my daughter's b-day party.
    Thanks,
    csanchezs19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we're all similarly impressed by your invitation! My granddaughter is turning 4 and not only does she love the Fresh Beat Band but the "Go Bananas" song is her favorite!! I would love to have this to use to create a cake topper.
    Thanks! melaniecicero@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI. Also love your invite and was wondering if I can use it. If so, how do I go about doing that??? Thanks, amydrosinski@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your invite! My daughter is turning 3, and I would love to use your idea as well.
    Thanks! lexie_662@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have saved me :) My soon to be 2 year old also adores TFBB. She shakes the remote at the TV yelling Beat Beat at the top of her lungs. We are planning a TFBB party for her and I have been at a loss until I ran across your site :) You have given me so many great ideas. I am fretting about invitations, so I wanted to see if I could have permission to use your template?
    Thanks so much!
    ALJArgo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your template and just read this from the party blog post. May I use this invitation template too? How did you get the cake place to do a bday cake topper? Thanks. :)

    Xtnsweetie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails