Thursday, March 22, 2012

Easy pom pom garland


Ok, so this last tutorial is nothing life changing, but it is a fun and easy way to add more color to your party! My original plan was to make some kind of burlap pennant garland for Haley's Up! birthday party, but then I decided I wanted to add more color. Because obviously color is on thing that is lacking with this birthday ;)

This project is super simple, and all you need are 3 supplies - yay!

Supplies:

  • Pom poms
  • Embroidery floss
  • Needle



First, measure out how long you want your garland to be and trim a piece of embroidery floss to size. Make sure you leave a bit of a tail at the end for tying or taping your garland where you want it. Tie a knot at the very end where your last pom pom will go.


Start threading your pom poms on your needle through the center of your pom poms.


Now thread thread thread! Tie a knot several inches from the end like you did before.


Depending on how many pom poms you have, you could choose to place them really close together or spread them out like I did, both look great! Then, just tape or tie them on wherever you want.


Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

10 comments:

  1. I've done this before and it does look great. I used a glue gun though, rather than a needle and I ended up with a lot of burnt fingers. Your way is much more sensible. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! If Friday is a good enough excuse to hang garland, I might pull it together today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have some mini pom poms that come in packages with about four different colour gradients - this might be a way to use them in the future :)

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    P.S. If you'd like to find out how to make a bunting from paint chips I'd love for you to check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea. I wish I had seen this before my rainbow party this last weekend. I'll keep it in mind for the future. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! They would be great in pastels for Easter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and festive!
    You should join me for Handmade 52 http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/03/handmade-52-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. Would love it in pastels for an elegant baby shower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails